Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sometimes a Lack of Sleep.....

I have never slept much....in fact the most sleep I have gotten at one time in the last 4 weeks is 3 hours...but one of the advantages of such frequent insomnia is that my creativity has a chance to let itself out. Today's selection is one of those late night treats (Depending on your point of view, of course).

Honest Doubts

Where are You
When my senses fail
And I can’t see
Beyond circumstances?

My heart fails
As easily as my resolve.
It’s hard to follow
What I can’t see

My heart and head
Are at war
Leaving me immobile
And afraid

Remind my head,
Strengthen my heart,
Give me courage
To face the dark

You’ve not left me
And You cannot forget.
Pour your love on me
And I’ll know victory



Written Feb. 21,2011

No comments:

Post a Comment