Saturday, October 19, 2013

Just in case you ever wondered.....

I've been amazed at the responses to the poems I've posted. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end.....and so I now publish what is easily the worst poem put on this blog so far. This dates from either high school or my first two years of college and features without a doubt the worst ending to anything that doesn't begin with "it was a dark and stormy night."

They're not all as bad as this....I hope.

I Can’t Seem to Say What I Want to Say
Who can place the value of your friendship
For to me you have been invaluable
In those times when life is ready to pull me under
The waves of depression
And sadness that so often
Rise up and slap at us with evil intent.

Your friendship is more
Valuable than the most precious metals
And it sparkles more brilliantly
Than diamonds
And is more beautiful
Than the peaceful blue-green sea

Your friendship is more lasting
Than the earth and sky and sea
And is more solid than the
Foundations of the earth
I seem to feel that you will always be there
If ever I need you
And I want you to know

That you will always mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment