Friday, November 22, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again

I've been sick and pretty much quarantined for the last three weeks. The combination of meds made me a little loopy and so I've been unable to post anything....But I'm feeling much better today and so I've decided that it's time to get back into the swing of posting these poems for someone's satisfaction (?).

And so....

I present to you a love poem.....I can't remember the exact date, but it I had to guess I would think that it was from 1978, my senior year in high school.

Who Knows?
They tell me that when we’re together
We smile brighter
And I know that I like to be around you
Because you give me a lift
We stay in each other’s company
And share the very deepest things
Could it be that we’re falling in love?

When we spend time together
Everything seems to go smoother
For us both
Doing the simple things
That are usually tedious
Become entertaining and enjoyable
When we’re together.

The hard things come easier
As we travel on our way
Knowing that each other is there
To help
And care deeper than we’re both ready to admit

I think we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment