Friday, April 14, 2017

Easter 2017

If you are one of the thirteen regular readers of this hot mess you know that I have expressed my hesitancy in writing about my faith many times. It's not that I'm ashamed or unappreciative...I'm certain that I'm not very good at it.

But that doesn't keep me from trying. He's the latest addition to the stack:


For Me

Beaten
Beyond recognition. 
Hung naked,
Ridiculed and shamed.
This was the cost of love.

Nails tearing
into flesh,
Blood falling 
to the ground,
Yet He spoke forgiveness.

Death and darkness,
A cold tomb.
The weight of 
a separation 
never before known.

Large stones and
the power of Rome
fall before the power 
of the empty tomb.
Love lives!

Forgiveness required
so great a cost.
Willingly paid
by the Son of God
even if I'd been the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment